Thermal Spray Operator – Aberdeen
RWG is the leading global provider of approved maintenance, repair and overhaul services for Siemens-Energy industrial aero-derivative gas generators and power turbines. We are authorised to provide maintenance, repair and overhaul services for Rolls-Royce marine gas turbines used for marine propulsion.
RWG recognises the importance and values a diverse workforce brings to the company and welcome applications from anyone who has the necessary skills to carry out this role.
A vacancy has arisen within the Advanced Remanufacturing Business, Kirkhill for a Thermal Spray Operator. The successful candidate will be based at Dyce, Aberdeen and will report to the Workshop Supervisor. The primary function of this role is performing thermal spray operations on aero derivative gas generator components.
- Preparing parts for thermal spray by degreasing, masking and grit blasting.
- Perform thermal spray operations using Plasma, HVOF and Flame spray systems.
- Organise own workload within the department and proactively highlight HSE matters which could improve our performance.
- Preventative Maintenance and operation of blast and thermal spray equipment.
- Maintain good housekeeping in work areas and perform other related or comparable duties as assigned (5’s).
- The Department recognise a number of shift patterns and there will be opportunities to work overtime.
- Experience in Plasma, HVOF or Flame spray (F1, F4, Diamond Jet & 6P2 Systems) would be preferred but is not essential.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of QHS&E procedures & COSHH assessments
- Knowledge of Gas Turbine repairs and overhaul processes would be advantageous.
As well as having an enviable culture and great people, RWG offer opportunities to learn and develop. Our valued workforce has access to a range of benefits, which include:
- Competitive compensation package
- A 37-hour working week (9-day fortnight) – to promote work life balance
- Performance Bonus Plan – we all work towards common goals
- Pension scheme with double employer contributions depending on contribution rate
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- An excellent range of Wellbeing plans including access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Enhanced family friendly entitlements including Maternity and Paternity Pay
Applications for this vacancy must complete the application form (HR001) and submit to the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. RWG treats personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with the requirements set out under the General Data Protection Regulation. Information on how your data is used and the basis for processing is provided in RWG’s Job Application Privacy Notice.
Closing date for applications is 27 February 2024