Temporary Laboratory Technician (Part time) – Aberdeen
A temporary part time opportunity has arisen in the Engineering Department for a Laboratory Technician. The successful candidate will be based in Dyce, Aberdeen and will report to the Laboratory Manager. The primary function will be to assist in defect investigation, development assessment and metallurgical/chemical analysis of materials within the RWG Materials Laboratory.
- Prepare and evaluate metallurgical production control test samples
- Prepare and evaluate welder test samples
- Qualitative chemical analysis and control of all RWG chemical process tanks
- HS&E monitoring of critical processes (e.g. breathing air systems, effluent discharges etc)
- Photography and preparation of components for defect investigation and repair development
- Assist in the compilation of technical reports
- Operate equipment in accordance with relevant COSHH and Risk Assessments
- Record and collate data from experimental work and document all work carried out.
- Observe all requirements to maintain a safe and healthy working environment.
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably required to meet the needs of the business
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies
- Actively highlight any improvement opportunity that may contribute to ensuring the safety of our people, improve quality standards and take care of the environment
- Must be able to collate information and data to enable the compilation of technical reports
- Drop/collect Lab samples from local laboratories or RWG sites
Core Competencies/Technical Requirements:
- Chemical analysis testing (use of acids and bases, titrations etc)
- Microscopy Analysis
- Well organised, highly disciplined, self-motivated and able to act on own initiative
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications (i.e. Word and Access)
- HNC/HND standard in Chemistry
- Full current Driving Licence
- Relevant industrial experience in a laboratory environment
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all RWG colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including:
- A 37 hour working week (9-day fortnight)
- Pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
Applications for this vacancy must complete the application form (HR001) and submit to the HR Department at email@example.com. RWG treats personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with the requirements set out under the General Data Protection Regulation. Information on how your data is used and the basis for processing is provided in RWG’s Job Application Privacy Notice.
Closing date for applications is 25 January 2022