Senior Project Engineer – Aberdeen
RWG is the leading global provider of approved maintenance, repair and overhaul services for Siemens-Energy industrial aero-derivative gas generators and power turbines. We are authorised to provide maintenance, repair and overhaul services for Rolls-Royce marine gas turbines used for marine propulsion.
RWG recognises the importance and values a diverse workforce brings to the company and welcome applications from anyone who has the necessary skills to carry out this role.
A vacancy has arisen within the Advanced Remanufacturing Business for a Senior Project Engineer. The successful candidate will be based at Dyce, Aberdeen and may also work under our hybrid model and will report to the Business Manager. The primary function will be co-ordinating and overseeing the efforts of project engineers under their charge and the single point of contact between RWG and customers with respect to technical and commercial requirements of Gas Generator/Component Repair & Overhaul.
- Provide oversight and instruction to project engineers under their charge.
- Responsible for managing commercial projects through the job life cycle.
- Translation of Contracts/Orders into technical instruction.
- Interpretation of inspection, investigation findings and technical information etc.
- Responsible for the compilation of all Technical and Financial Reports, required in accordance with Contract and RWG procedures.
- Provision of technical support to customers where required.
- Management and maintenance of customer technical information.
- Control and organise the effort of multiple project engineers to ensure satisfactory outcomes and performance.
- Providing regular Status Reports to each Customer.
- Providing regular Reports to Management, for Finance and Material provisioning purposes.
- Agrees schedules both internally to Project, and with the Customer representatives.
- Populate and maintain relevant KPI’s for management review.
- Apprenticeship or Engineering qualification required.
- Good technical knowledge of Gas Turbines.
- Requires high level of Computer literacy.
- A positive and constructive approach, with excellent communication and diplomacy skills to satisfy both internal and external Customer demands.
- Manage time and workload to ensure that all Contractual milestones are met.
- Work with the minimum of supervision and support.
- High level of Integrity required, maintaining Confidentiality of individual Customers details..
- Position may entail travel to customer sites, which may be overseas.
- Provision of Corporate entertainment to Customers visiting RWG.
- Provide ‘accessibility’ to the Customer contact, at all reasonable times.
- Requires the application of additional ‘out of hours’ involvement to fulfil Project requirements.
- Understanding of Health & Safety requirements to ensure on–site safety of work colleagues and customers.
As well as having an enviable culture and great people, RWG offer opportunities to learn and develop. Our valued workforce has access to a range of benefits, which include:
- A 37-hour working week (9-day fortnight) – to promote work life balance
- Performance Bonus Plan – we all work towards common goals
- Pension scheme with double employer contributions depending on contribution rate
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- An excellent range of Wellbeing plans including access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Enhanced family friendly entitlements including Maternity and Paternity Pay
Applications for this vacancy must complete the application form (HR001) and submit to the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. RWG treats personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with the requirements set out under the General Data Protection Regulation. Information on how your data is used and the basis for processing is provided in RWG’s Job Application Privacy Notice.
Closing date for applications is 8 June 2023