Production Supervisor – Aberdeen
RWG is the leading global provider of approved maintenance, repair and overhaul services for Siemens-Energy industrial aero-derivative gas generators and power turbines. We are authorised to provide maintenance, repair and overhaul services for Rolls-Royce marine gas turbines used for marine propulsion.
RWG recognises the importance and values a diverse workforce brings to the company and welcome applications from anyone who has the necessary skills to carry out this role.
A vacancy has arisen within the Advanced Remanufacturing Business for a Production Supervisor. The successful candidate will be based at Dyce, Aberdeen and will report to the Senior Operations Engineer. The primary function of this role is to manage production teams, ensuring they work within all company policies to achieve production targets, and to manage process equipment.
- Implement, manage, and develop company QHS&E and operational procedures.
- Supervise the workshop teams to ensure they are effective, engaged and meeting the required standards. This will include recruitment, performance management, training, coaching and employee development.
- Conduct toolbox talks and team briefs to ensure teams are working safety and are well informed.
- Plan, organise and delegate work activates to the production teams.
- Monitor work zone performance to ensure targets are maintained and respond to mitigate delays where workload exceeds capacity.
- Provide regular feedback on progress at production meetings and escalate issues which may impact agreed turn times.
- Manage equipment availability – respond to outages and coordinate with maintenance to minimise disruption and assist with procurement of new equipment.
- Lead continuous improvement projects to increase the efficiency of processes.
- Manage the procurement and stock levels of consumables.
- Update the workshop time and attendance system to ensure accurate records are maintained.
- Experienced technical background in gas turbine component assembly, inspection and/or repair processes.
- Strong leadership, organisational, planning, communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, using initiative to make effective decisions.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work without supervision.
- Comprehensive knowledge of QHSE policies.
- Proactive attitude towards planning and continuous improvement
- Good working knowledge of IT and Microsoft programmes (eg Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience in a supervisory / leadership position would be advantageous.
- Excellent attention to detail.
As well as having an enviable culture and great people, RWG offer opportunities to learn and develop. Our valued workforce has access to a range of benefits, which include:
- A 37-hour working week (9-day fortnight) – to promote work life balance
- Performance Bonus Plan – we all work towards common goals
- Pension scheme with double employer contributions depending on contribution rate
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- An excellent range of Wellbeing plans including access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Enhanced family friendly entitlements including Maternity and Paternity Pay
Applications for this vacancy must complete the application form (HR001) and submit to the HR Department at email@example.com. RWG treats personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with the requirements set out under the General Data Protection Regulation. Information on how your data is used and the basis for processing is provided in RWG’s Job Application Privacy Notice.
Closing date for applications is 31 August 2023