Principal Engineer – Aberdeen
A vacancy has arisen within the Advanced Remanufacturing Business for a Principal Engineer. The successful candidate will be based at Dyce, Aberdeen and will report to the Advanced Remanufacturing Manager. The primary function of this position will be the oversight and coordination of all ARB repair engineering functions.
- Provide technical oversight on all ARB engineering teams and matters.
- Design and implement systems and procedures to maximise the output and contribution of the engineering teams.
- Responsible for managing and prioritising the workload of both the development and production engineering teams.
- Oversee and manage large scale development projects, workshop technical support, process improvement and engineering reports for customers.
- Interpreting engineering data to develop and optimise repair processes.
- Excellent understanding of new manufacturing technologies and industry advancements.
- Excellent understanding and creativity as to how these new technologies can be integrated into the processes currently executed by ARB.
Core Competencies/Technical Requirements:
- Excellent leadership, organisational and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Significant commitment to continual process improvement and process excellence.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Requires high level of computer literacy.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Degree Qualified Engineer or highly experience time served background.
- Experience in managing technical teams in a manufacturing/repair environment.
- Experience in complex project implementation.
- Experience with modern manufacturing methods.
- Registration with relevant Governing body desirable i.e., Institute of Mechanical Engineers.
- Gas turbine experience preferable but not essential.
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all RWG colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
Applications for this vacancy must complete the application form (HR001) (CVs will not be considered unless accompanied with the application form) and submit to the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. RWG treats personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with the requirements set out under the General Data Protection Regulation. Information on how your data is used and the basis for processing is provided in RWG’s Job Application Privacy Notice.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 20 August 2021