NDT Chargehand – Aberdeen
RWG is the leading global provider of approved maintenance, repair and overhaul services for Siemens-Energy industrial aero-derivative gas generators and power turbines. We are authorised to provide maintenance, repair and overhaul services for Rolls-Royce marine gas turbines used for marine propulsion.
RWG recognises the importance and values a diverse workforce brings to the company and welcome applications from anyone who has the necessary skills to carry out this role.
A vacancy has arisen within the Advanced Remanufacturing Business for an NDT Chargehand. The successful candidate will be based at Dyce, Aberdeen reporting to the NDT Supervisor. The primary function of the role will be to carry out, organise and co-ordinate all aspects of process control and work allocation for NDT tasks within ARB, ensuring compliance with company procedures / industry standards.
- Implement, manage, and develop Company QHS&E and operational procedures.
- Manage NDT lines and processes to achieve compliance with OEM specifications.
- Supervise the NDT team to ensure they are effective, engaged and meeting the required standards. This will include assisting supervision with the recruitment, coaching and development.
- Provide on-shift responsible person cover.
- Manage the control of contractors.
- Plan, organise and delegate work activities for the NDT team.
- Provide regular feedback on progress at production meetings and escalate any issues that may impact agreed turn times.
- Conduct toolbox talks and team briefs to ensure operators are working safely and are well informed.
- Lead continuous improvement projects to increase the efficiency of processes.
- Assist supervision to manage equipment availability – respond to outages, coordinate with maintenance to minimise disruption, and assist with procurement of new equipment.
- Assist supervision with managing the procurement and stock levels of consumables.
- Assist supervision with the monitoring of work zone performance to ensure targets are maintained and respond to mitigate delays where workload exceeds capacity.
- Assist supervision with the investigation and close out of improvement opportunities.
- Qualified to EN4179, NAS410 or other recognised NDT qualification standards.
- Documented work experience to EN4179, NAS410 or other recognised NDT qualification standards.
- Experienced in product and employee management skills – leadership, organisational and planning.
- Ability to translate technical requirements into operational instructions.
- Understand technical drawings and specifications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of QHSE procedures and COSHH requirements.
As well as having an enviable culture and great people, RWG offer opportunities to learn and develop. Our valued workforce has access to a range of benefits, which include:
- A 37-hour working week (9-day fortnight) – to promote work life balance
- Performance Bonus Plan – we all work towards common goals
- Pension scheme with double employer contributions depending on contribution rate
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- An excellent range of Wellbeing plans including access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Enhanced family friendly entitlements including Maternity and Paternity Pay
Applications for this vacancy must complete the application form (HR001) and submit to the HR Department at email@example.com. RWG treats personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with the requirements set out under the General Data Protection Regulation. Information on how your data is used and the basis for processing is provided in RWG’s Job Application Privacy Notice.
Closing date for applications is 31 March 2023