Mechanical Technician (Assembly) – Houston
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Technician (Assembly). The successful candidate will be based at West Sam Houston Parkway North, Houston and will report to the Assembly Lead. The primary function will be to perform basic mechanical functions of Production with focus on use of basic hand tools and engine specific special tools to perform assembly of engines and modules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble components or modules as a helper working with more experienced/trained Technicians.
- Complete engine/module build books.
- Demonstrate competence in all skills from the RWG Assembly skills matrix.
- Use precision and special tooling required in the work center.
- Clean, service, and stow parts, shop equipment, special tools, and normal tools IAW RWG Standards.
- Use manuals, company documentation and ERP system at an introductory level.
- Work to the highest possible quality standards, in a safe and productive manner.
- Develop basic skills required for logging on and off work orders and creating basic routes in company ERP system.
- Fill out engine receiving & shipping inventories.
- Work cohesively as an integral part of a team.
- Closely adhere to company Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
- Drive a forklift.
- Remove and install engine in the containers.
- Have the ability to work Non-Standard/Extended hours when required.
Education and Experience:
- Read, write and speak the English language at a minimum 12th grade level.
- Demonstrate basic math capability to add subtract, multiply and divide decimals and fractions.
- Read and demonstrate an understanding of all relevant SDS, Quality procedures and ISO9001:14001 standards.
- Must have minimum experience of one year and/or commercial/military education, or on the job training commensurate with mechanical functions of RWG or similar. A demonstrated knowledge of theory and operation of gas turbine engines is a plus.
Mechanical Technicians, are required to actively participate and develop the skills necessary to maintain a satisfactory level of performance responsibilities. Job assignments and training are carefully coordinated, controlled and documented by supervisory staff to provide the training and experience required for each task. Satisfactory completion of overall training requirements and performance to accepted quality standards will qualify the Technician for job skill certification.
Technician’s skills will be enhanced through training and experience in the operations to include: knowledge in materials, static and dynamic balancing, blueprint reading, reading and use of precision measuring equipment. Enhanced equipment training and experience will include identification and use of tools, power tools, grinders, gas torch, ovens, and special tools specific to 501 compressor and turbines. Technical reference capability will be enhanced to include: introductory applications of procedures, and disposal of hazardous waste.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Siemens SGT-05 AE (501-K Industrial) and Rolls-Royce 501-K Series Marine Gas Turbine Engines and their internal/external components.
- Have the initiative & ability to work by themselves and as a part of a team.
- Safety and Quality awareness.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures.
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all RWG colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including:
Paid Time Off
You will be entitled to one hundred and thirty-six (136) flexible hours paid time off (PTO) annually.
RWG offers 11 paid Holidays
9/80 Alternate Work Schedule
All regular full-time employees are eligible to participate in the program. The 9/80 alternate work schedule shall consist of eight (8) work days of nine (9) hours and one work day of eight (8) hours for a total of eighty (80) hours during two (2) consecutive work weeks. The eight (8) hour work day must be the employee’s working Monday. Under the 9/80 schedule, one calendar week shall consist of 44 hours (four 9-hour days and one 8-hour day) and the alternating calendar week will consist of 36 hours (four 9-hour days and one day off). Employees are not required to participate in the 9/80 program. Employees can “opt-out” and work the regular work week.
You will be entitled to participate in the Company’s benefit programs as outlined in the information pack that will be sent in a separate communication. This includes the following:
- 401(K) Plan
- Medical Plan
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dental Plan
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Applications for this vacancy should submit a CV to EOLexy@rwgroup.com
Closing date for applications is December 8, 2022