Maintenance Technician – Aberdeen
A vacancy has arisen within the RWG Advanced Remanufacturing Business Division for a multi-disciplined, Electrical bias Maintenance Technician. The successful candidate will be based at Dyce, Aberdeen and will report to the Maintenance Supervisor. The Primary responsibility will be to investigate and repair a wide range of equipment breakdowns/outages in a high pace workshop environment and to assist in developing, maintaining and carrying out planned preventative maintenance schedules for each piece of equipment across the business.
- Electrical and Mechanical repair of a wide and varied range of process plant equipment and machinery in a high pace production environment such as Vacuum and Atmosphere Heat Treatment equipment, Thermal spray equipment, Paint spray booths, NDT process lines and equipment, Welding plant, Grit blasting machines, Machine tools (vertical and horizontal lathes, Milling machines, VMC, Creep feed grinders, EDM machines preferred).
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance of all equipment detailed above and identify areas for improvement to eliminate machine downtime and increase reliability.
- Compliance with workshop instructions, company practices, policies and procedures.
- Loading and operation of asset maintenance system.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor with implementation of capital equipment and machinery projects.
- Daily issuing of permit to work for sub-contractors.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Time serviced with an SVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of National Certificate in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 4 years post qualified hands on workshop experience.
- 17th/ 18th Edition Wiring Regulations qualification preferred.
- Good fault finding investigation skills with a strong electrical background in repair and installation works.
- Can interpret electrical drawings, schematics and literature as required.
- Portable Appliance Testing qualified (PAT) preferred.
- MEWP license would be advantageous but training will be given.
- Computing skills e.g., use of Microsoft Office suite advantageous
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of HS&E procedure, Risk and COSHH assessments.
- The ability to work well as part of a team and on an individual basis.
- Accommodate any out of hour’s outages and emergencies as required.
- Driving licence preferred.
- Where applicable training will be provided.
Applications for this vacancy must complete the application form (HR001) and submit to the HR Department at email@example.com. RWG treats personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with the requirements set out under the General Data Protection Regulation. Information on how your data is used and the basis for processing is provided in RWG’s Job Application Privacy Notice.
Closing date for applications is 22 November 2019