Inspector – Aberdeen
RWG is the leading global provider of approved maintenance, repair and overhaul services for Siemens-Energy industrial aero-derivative gas generators and power turbines. We are authorised to provide maintenance, repair and overhaul services for Rolls-Royce marine gas turbines used for marine propulsion.
RWG recognises the importance and values a diverse workforce brings to the company and welcome applications from anyone who has the necessary skills to carry out this role.
A vacancy has arisen within the Large Engine Business for an Inspector. The successful candidate will be based at the Large Engine Business, Kirkhill Facility and will report to the Senior Inspector / Operations Supervisor. The primary function will be to carry out visual / dimensional bench inspection and sentencing of engines / modules and components.
- Carry out visual / dimensional bench inspection tasks and sentence material as appropriate in accordance with company procedures and relevant Overhaul Manuals
- To carry out engine receipt, build and despatch inspection checks in accordance with company procedures and relevant Overhaul Manual
- Ensure all inspection records and electronic tracking system meets the requirement for each component inspected
- Ensure all engine / module inspection cards are correct and to the relevant standard
- Plan and organise each task given to ensure that it complies with QHS&E company procedures / guidelines
- Ensure correct procedures and documentation are used at all times
- Provide regular feedback to Inspection Cell Leader / Supervisor on progress of al-located work and escalate any issues that may impact on agreed turn times
- Time served Mechanical Engineer / Inspector with a recognized Apprenticeship or National Certificate.
- Several years of experience in Gas Turbine environment preferred but not essential.
- Ability to use a variety of measuring equipment.
- Ability to read/understand technical drawings and specifications.
- Ability to translate technical requirements into operational instructions.
- Experience of the ERP system.
As well as having an enviable culture and great people, RWG offer opportunities to learn and develop. Our valued workforce has access to a range of benefits, which include:
- Competitive compensation package
- A 37-hour working week (9-day fortnight) – to promote work life balance
- Performance Bonus Plan – we all work towards common goals
- Pension scheme with double employer contributions depending on contribution rate
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- An excellent range of Wellbeing plans including access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Enhanced family friendly entitlements including Maternity and Paternity Pay
Applications for this vacancy must complete the application form (HR001) and submit to the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. RWG treats personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with the requirements set out under the General Data Protection Regulation. Information on how your data is used and the basis for processing is provided in RWG’s Job Application Privacy Notice.
Closing date for applications is 28 February 2024