Inspector – Aberdeen
A vacancy has arisen within the RWG Large Engine Business Inspection Department. The successful candidate will be based at Kirkhill, Dyce and will report directly to the Inspection Cell Leaders. The primary function will be to carry out visual/dimensional bench inspection and sentencing of engines/modules and components.
- To bench inspect / sentence of Engines / Modules & Parts by visual and dimensional methods to the relevant overhaul manuals, update inspection paperwork as inspection is completed and progress components to meet business demands.
- To ensure all inspection records and computer tracking system meets the requirements for each component inspected.
- To carry out receipt, engine build and despatch checks in accordance with the relevant overhaul manual in line with company procedures.
- To ensure module / engine cyclic life details are correct and available for the Cell Leader, to enable log book / release certification compilation, whilst ensuring all paperwork is complete and correct.
- To ensure all engine / module Inspection Cards being used are correct and to the relevant standard.
- Plan and organise each task given to ensure that it complies with QHS&E company procedures/guidelines.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Time served Mechanical Engineer/Inspector with a recognised Apprenticeship or National Certificate.
- Experience in Gas Turbine environment preferred.
- Ability to use a variety of measuring equipment.
- Ability to read/understand technical drawings and specifications.
- Ability to translate technical requirements into operational instructions.
- Experience of an electronic Asset Management System (Maximo, SAP etc) would be advantageous.
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all RWG colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including:
- A 37 hour working week (9-day fortnight)
- Pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee assistance programme
Applications for this vacancy must complete the application form (HR001) and submit to the HR Department at email@example.com. RWG treats personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with the requirements set out under the General Data Protection Regulation. Information on how your data is used and the basis for processing is provided in RWG’s Job Application Privacy Notice.
Closing date for applications is 7 January 2021