Gas Turbine Inspector – Aberdeen
A vacancy has arisen within the RWG Medium Engine Business Inspection Department for an Inspector. The successful candidates will be based at Kirkhill, Dyce and will report directly to the Inspection Cell Leader. The primary function will be to carry out visual / dimensional bench inspection and sentencing of Aero Derivative Gas Turbine Engines, Modules and components.
- Carry out visual/dimensional bench inspection tasks and sentence material as appropriate in accordance with company procedures and relevant Overhaul Manuals.
- To carry out Engine receipt, build and despatch inspection checks in accordance with company procedures and relevant Overhaul Manual
- Ensure all inspection records and electronic tracking system (Visaer and/or Maximo) meets the requirement for each component inspected.
- Ensure all Engine/Module inspection cards are correct and to the relevant standard.
- Plan and organise each task given to ensure that it complies with QHS&E company procedures/guidelines.
- Ensure correct procedures and documentation are used at all times.
- Provide regular feedback to Inspection Cell Leader/Supervisor on progress of allocated work and escalate any issues that may impact on agreed turn times.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Time served Mechanical Engineer/Inspector with a recognised Apprenticeship or National Certificate.
- Several years of experience in Gas Turbine environment preferred but not essential.
- Ability to use a variety of measuring equipment.
- Ability to read/understand technical drawings and specifications.
- Ability to translate technical requirements into operational instructions.
- Experience of an electronic Asset Management System (Visaer, Maximo, SAP etc) would be advantageous.
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all RWG colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including:
- A 37 hour working week (9-day fortnight)
- Pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
Applications for this vacancy must complete the application form (HR001) (CVs will not be considered unless accompanied by the application form) and submit to the HR Department at email@example.com. RWG treats personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with the requirements set out under the General Data Protection Regulation. Information on how your data is used and the basis for processing is provided in RWG’s Job Application Privacy Notice.
Closing date for applications is 30 July 2021