General Assistant – Aberdeen
A vacancy has arisen within the Medium Engine Business for a General Assistant. The successful candidate will be based at Dyce, Aberdeen and will report to the Workshop Supervisor. The primary function of this position will be to keep all workshop and yard areas clean and tidy.
- Ability to plan your daily workload in an efficient manner and ensure that it complies with all QHS&E company procedures/guidelines.
- Keep the workshop clean and tidy.
- Keep the yard clean and tidy.
- Loading and unloading of delivery trucks.
- Moving parts/modules/engines around the facility and between sites.
- Minor maintenance work.
- Comply with company QHS&E and operational procedures.
- Encourage and support all company QHS&E initiatives that continue to challenge and develop current procedures/practices.
- Carry out Legionella testing as required.
- Encourage and support all Company driven Lean and Six Sigma projects.
- Communicate effectively within the department and provide support and assistance to other staff/suppliers where appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies.
- Actively highlight any improvement opportunity that may contribute to ensuring the safety of our people, improve quality standards and take care of the environment.
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably required to meet the needs of the business.
- Any other activity identified by the Workshop Supervisor.
- Experience in a workshop environment would be an advantage.
- Forklift experience would be an advantage.
- Tradesman/Handyman experience would be an advantage.
- Driving licence is essential to this position.
- Self- starter and ability to plan to your own workload.
- Good HSE standards.
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all RWG colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including:
- A 37 hour working week (9-day fortnight)
- Pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
Applications for this vacancy must complete the application form (HR001) and submit to the HR Department at email@example.com. RWG treats personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with the requirements set out under the General Data Protection Regulation. Information on how your data is used and the basis for processing is provided in RWG’s Job Application Privacy Notice.
Closing date for applications is Monday, 18 October 2021