Clean Line / NDT Operator – Aberdeen
A vacancy has arisen within the Medium Engine Business for a Clean Line/NDT Operator. The successful candidate will be based at Dyce, Aberdeen and will report to the Workshop Supervisor. The primary function of this position will be to carry out the wash and NDE of aero derivative gas turbine components.
- Ability to plan daily workload in an efficient manner & ensure that it complies with all QHS&E company procedures / guidelines.
- Processing of Components in the various Chemical tanks.
- Operation of the Metallis / Turbex machine.
- Operation of the Ball Burnishing machine.
- Wet vapour blasting of components.
- Hand Cleaning of various components.
- Carry out NDE operations, FPI & MPI, as required, and deliver material to Inspection along with NDE Reports if required.
- Carry out limited Build Assist process tasks when required.
- Comply with company QHS&E and operational procedures.
- Encourage and support all company QHS&E initiatives that continue to challenge & develop current procedures / practices.
- Encourage and support all Company driven Lean and Six Sigma projects.
- Communicate effectively within the department and provide support and assistance to other staff/suppliers where appropriate.
- Comply with all Company policies.
- Actively highlight any improvement opportunity that may contribute to ensuring the safety of our people, improve quality standards and take care of the environment.
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably required to meet the needs of the business.
- Experience in a workshop environment would be an advantage.
- Clean line or NDE experience / qualification would be preferable, however not necessary.
- No formal qualification is necessary however preference will be given to any candidate with a technical qualification or apprenticeship.
- Ability to understand and interpret technical instructions.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail is essential for NDE.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all RWG colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including:
- A 37 hour working week (9-day fortnight)
- Pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
Applications for this vacancy must complete the application form (HR001) and submit to the HR Department at email@example.com. RWG treats personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with the requirements set out under the General Data Protection Regulation. Information on how your data is used and the basis for processing is provided in RWG’s Job Application Privacy Notice.
Closing date for applications is 20 October 2021