Business Systems Analyst – Houston
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen to support the design and implementation of a new ERP within our business. The successful candidate will initially be home based but will be expected to work from our Houston, Texas facility when office working resumes. The Business Systems Analyst will report directly to the Vice President with a functional reporting line to the UK based Business Systems Director.
Working closely with the Houston business and the Aberdeen IT&S team you will be responsible for analysing the effectiveness of the current business processes and delivering the defined Group ERP business system.
You will focus on developing a complete understanding of the business operational needs ensuring solutions are aligned to the Group systems strategy.
A primary responsibility of this role requires the candidate to analyse, validate and document business requirements and to ensure those requirements represent all the stakeholders business needs. You will also provide training, documentation, and system applications support. In addition, you will be required to support and troubleshoot various additional business system solutions.
The role also requires a general awareness of information technology enabling you to act as a focal point for all other IT&S related issues within the Houston facility.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Coordinate, communicate and build upon relationships with business users, vendors and IT&S function to ensure efficient delivery of quality system solutions and support.
- Translate business needs into system / application requirements to help determine technology solutions that satisfy business problems.
- Analyse and document “as is” and “to be” business processes including a gap analysis.
- Apply industry and information technology expertise to lead project lifecycle from initial conception, implementation through to support.
- Undertake end user and business requirement gathering using various proven techniques.
- Proactively identify risks for the business and manage change.
- Undertake data analysis / cleansing for migration and data loading.
- Develop business reports using SQL Cognos BI reporting tools.
- Manage the testing and deployment of software bug fixes, improvements and any other related change.
- Monitor any assigned Business System Service desk tickets and ensure SLA and priorities are adhered to.
- Ensure any major issues with key business systems are effectively escalated and resolved.
Additional role requirements:
- Work outside normal office hours from time to time.
- Provide out of business hours support as required (major incident / project delivery).
- May require travel to the UK from time to time.
- Project scoping and requirements gathering.
- Business process analysis.
- ERP implementation experience.
- Working knowledge of SQL and BI tools.
- Good general awareness of information technology solutions.
- Bachelors Degree in a business systems related subject.
- Full driving licence.
- Right to work in the US.
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all RWG colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including:
- An opportunity to work a 9/80 schedule.
- 401(k) Matched employer contributions.
- Access to a range of benefit plans.
Closing date for applications is 21 January 2021