Assistant Accountant – Aberdeen
RWG is the leading global provider of approved maintenance, repair and overhaul services for Siemens-Energy industrial aero-derivative gas generators and power turbines. We are authorised to provide maintenance, repair and overhaul services for Rolls-Royce marine gas turbines used for marine propulsion.
RWG recognises the importance and values a diverse workforce brings to the company and welcome applications from anyone who has the necessary skills to carry out this role.
A vacancy has arisen within the Finance Department for an Assistant Accountant. The successful candidate will be based at Dyce, Aberdeen and may also work under our hybrid model and will report to the Senior Accountant. The primary function will be the preparation and checking of engine job reviews. Assisting in preparation of the monthly Management Accounts. Investigating variances from budget/forecast.
- Preparation of engine job cost reviews, investigating unexpected margins/costs.
- Ensuring appropriate accounting provisions are maintained for engines that have been taken to sale.
- Undertaking regular review of current and aged WIP balances and investigation of unusual movements/balances.
- Preparing overheads on a monthly basis and investigating movements from budgets/forecasts.
- Monthly reconciliation of Sale and Cost of Sale accounts and other P&L and Balance Sheet accounts as directed by the Senior Accountants.
- Completion of monthly data analysis schedules in a timely manner.
- Undertaking regular business review meetings Business Unit managers
- Assisting in Budget and Forecast preparation.
- Assistance with annual statutory audit.
- Ensuring timely delivery of information required to complete the Management Accounts and associated narrative.
- Ensuring compliance with VAT and National Statistics regulations.
- Part Qualified accountant working towards Fully Qualified Status or suitable alternative workplace experience.
- Must have a proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Previous working knowledge of Oracle Fusion ERP system is desirable.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong Analytical skills.
As well as having an enviable culture and great people, RWG offer opportunities to learn and develop. Our valued workforce has access to a range of benefits, which include:
- A 37-hour working week (9-day fortnight) – to promote work life balance
- Performance Bonus Plan – we all work towards common goals
- Pension scheme with double employer contributions depending on contribution rate
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- An excellent range of Wellbeing plans including access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Enhanced family friendly entitlements including Maternity and Paternity Pay
Applications for this vacancy must complete the application form (HR001) and submit to the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. RWG treats personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with the requirements set out under the General Data Protection Regulation. Information on how your data is used and the basis for processing is provided in RWG’s Job Application Privacy Notice.
Closing date for applications is 30 August 2023