Test Cell Technician – Houston
A vacancy has arisen within the RWG Test Cell Facility, Houston for a Test Cell Technician. Job duties include, but are not limited to: Engine testing, equipment maintenance, shipping, receiving, and minor repair of Siemens SGT-A05 (501-K Industrial) and Rolls-Royce 501-K Series Marine Gas Turbine Engines at the RWG test cell facility in Houston, TX.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Test gas turbine engines
- Follow procedures and maintenance practices
- Prep engines and test cell for testing operations
- Operate control systems used to control Gas turbine engines
- Operate and troubleshoot gas turbine engines in a test cell environment
- Perform maintenance on test cell and support equipment
- Use of precision measuring tools and equipment
- Perform minor repair on gas turbine engines
- Interface with customers and government inspectors
- Interpret and comply with all HS&E, Quality and Testing procedures
- Perform Final After Test (FAT) inspections
Note: When not testing or maintaining test facility this position will report to Production Manager who will assign duties on an as needed basis.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or a GED
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the Gas Turbine Engine field
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to use hand & power tools
- Must be able to speak English
- Knowledge with precise measuring tools and equipment
- Experience in electrical system diagnostics and troubleshooting preferred but not required.
- Previous experience in gas turbine testing but not required.
- Experience reading diagrams, schematics, and engineering drawings preferred but not required.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision
- Basic Computer skills
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to assess problems in a logical manner
- Ability with Turbine controls or electrical system diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Ability to troubleshoot vibration, performance, start and leakage problems in gas turbine engines.
- Gas turbine repair/assembly/disassembly
- General Safety.
- Foreign Object Damage Awareness.
- Quality System Awareness.
- Forklift certificate preferred but not required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend and reach; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear
- Must be able to lift and maneuver components weighing up to 50 pounds
- Employees may be subject to random drug and alcohol testing under DOT regulations
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Have no allergies to chemicals or materials used to perform related duties and have no limitations in the use of protective breathing filters, masks and any other protective equipment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety Shoes
- Safety Glasses
- Face Shields
- Ear Plugs
- Additional PPE may be required depending on the work environment.
- Work performed in an indoor shop environment.
- Exposed to any number of elements but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- May work at different workstations as production needs require, or shifts from one station to another.
This job description is not necessarily a complete list of all job functions, requirements or working conditions. RWG (Repair & Overhauls) USA, Inc. reserves the right to modify essential job functions, physical demands of the job and job qualifications at any time.
Physical abilities may not match the functional requirements of the job description. Modification of the job requirements to the extent required to reasonably accommodate the applicant’s physical ability will be considered in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (and other applicable laws/regulations) to the extent no undue hardship and/or safety threat exists.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer. RWG (Repair & Overhauls) USA, Inc. does not discriminate in hiring because of an individual’s race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, or disability. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 prohibits discrimination on the basis of age for persons 40 or more years of age.
Applications for this vacancy must complete the application forms HUR-18, HUR-19 and HUR-23 and submit them, together with a scanned copy of qualifications to Sydney Barker, HR / Office Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org