Financial Analyst – Houston
A vacancy has arisen for a Financial Analyst. The Financial Analyst reports to the Finance Manager and will be responsible for the preparation of monthly accounts, involvement in the forecast and budget processes, and other financial analysis and projects as required to support the Finance Manager and the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts and Sales forecasts.
- Assist in preparation of budgets and reforecasts.
- Assist in providing information to tax department, including preparation of the annual pack & other tax returns.
- Assist in month end closing including reviewing GL and job costs analysis, preparing journals, and ensuring compliance with accounting policies.
- Responsible for payroll reconciliation.
- Be responsible for monthly Hyperion financial reporting and rolling forecast reporting.
- Responsible for the update & reporting of Fixed Assets including costs monitors for assets under construction.
- Prepare various balance sheet, sales & profit reconciliations and analysis.
- Provide back up for AP and AR as required.
- Support internal and external auditors in their audits as required.
- Perform job costs analysis; WIP aging analysis; slow moving inventory analysis and inventory turnover analysis.
- To supply financial input to special projects as required.
- Assist Finance Manager as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or Business.
- Recognized Accountancy Qualification (CPA, CMA, or similar) preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar finance position with ability to show strong related experience.
- Proven track record of performing the required responsibilities.
- ERP experience.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong technical accounting & analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be highly organized, able to prioritize tasks, multi-task, and work under minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to build good working relationships within teams, across all functions and with external contacts.
- Must have high degree of integrity including ability to successfully deal with sensitive or confidential information.
- Must be able to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy.
- Business acumen and focus.
- Excellent communication.
- General Safety.
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) to support accountancy qualification & ensure compliance with changes in statutory framework.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend and reach; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver components weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Employees may be subject to random drug and alcohol testing under DOT regulations.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- The use of Safety Glasses is required when in the shop area.
- The use of steel toe boots is required when outside the guidelines in the shop area.
- Additional PPE may be required depending on the work environment.
- Work performed in an office environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Exposed to any number of elements but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
This job description is not necessarily a complete list of all job functions, requirements or working conditions. RWG (Repair & Overhauls) USA, Inc. reserves the right to modify essential job functions, physical demands of the job and job qualifications at any time.
Physical abilities may not match the functional requirements of the job description. Modification of the job requirements to the extent required to reasonably accommodate the applicant’s physical ability will be considered in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (and other applicable laws/regulations) to the extent no undue hardship and/or safety threat exists.
Applications for this vacancy must complete the application forms HUR-18, HUR-19 and HUR-23 and submit them, together with a scanned copy of qualifications to Sydney Barker, HR / Office Coordinator, at email@example.com