Finance Manager – Houston
To manage and lead the RWG Inc. Finance team effectively. Responsible for the preparation of timely and accurate recording, reporting & forecasting of the income statement, balance sheet, cash flow and other supporting schedules. Ensuring internal and external compliance is met at all times.
Responsible for cash management and payroll.
The successful applicant will be a valued member of the management team, providing regular and adhoc financial information and guidance to support to the business and its decisions.
To report to and support Executive Vice President
To support RWG Finance Director in all aspects of Finance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage , lead and develop the Finance team in Houston
- To prepare timely & accurate financial statements in accordance with company policy and reporting timelines.
- To provide a meaningful monthly management accounts reporting pack to local management and Finance Director within tight deadlines.
- Analyse financial performance and highlight findings
- To work with the management team to prepare and review annual budget and subsequent forecasts
- To ensure all balance sheet accounts are fully reconciled and substantiated
- To manage bi-weekly payroll
- To manage cash and other treasury issues, ensuring that ;
- Sales invoices are raised promptly
- Cash is collected timely per contractual arrangements and within DSO targets
- Supplier invoices and employee expenses are paid timely
- Monthly cash flow projections are realistic
- To oversee year end audit and any interim audits
- To prepare quarterly self cert for internal audit
- To work with management team to prepare and manage capital investment appraisals
- To work with management team to provide information and analysis to support informed business decision making
- To liaise with wood. departments for specialist advice as required ( tax, legal, insurance)
- To provide & review information as part of insurance renewal exercise
- To ensure that all financial strategies and processes are aligned to statutory and business objectives.
- To identify any financial risks and opportunities throughout the financial year.
- To maintain a good working relationships with the RWG Inc. leadership team, Ltd, shareholder companies Finance peers, auditors and other financial institutions.
- To develop and coach Finance staff ensuring all are abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Drive and deliver best practices within Finance and the business
- Maintain a safe working environment in line with core values, statutory & legal requirements
- Apply strong technical accounting skills & excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- To drive continual improvement in the finance team performance & company financial performance
- To make a positive contribution to the business
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or Business
- Recognized Accountancy Qualification (CPA, CMA, or similar)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar senior finance position with ability to show strong related experience.
- Proven track record of performing the required responsibilities.
- ERP experience.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong technical accounting and analytical skills.
- Must be highly organized, able to prioritize tasks, multi-task, and work under minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to build good working relationships within teams and across all functions and with external contacts.
- Must have excellent analytical and communication skills combined with business acumen, pragmatism and a good sense of diplomacy.
- Must be highly motivated and not easily discouraged.
- Must have high degree of integrity including ability to successfully deal with sensitive or confidential information.
- Must be able to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy.
- Must have excellent influencing and conflict facilitation skills.
- Must have excellent people management skills to ensure the team deliver the agreed financial objectives.
- Must have excellent PC skills including MS office and a good working knowledge of accounting systems.
- 3 staff positions.
- General Safety
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) to support accountancy qualification & ensure compliance with changes in statutory framework.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend and reach; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear
- Must be able to lift and maneuver components weighing up to 50 pounds
- Employees may be subject to random drug and alcohol testing under DOT regulations
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Personal Protective Equipment:
- The use of Safety Glasses is required when in the shop area.
- The use of steel toe boots is required when outside the guidelines in the shop area.
- Additional PPE may be required depending on the work environment.
- Work performed in an office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Exposed to any number of elements but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
This job description is not necessarily a complete list of all job functions, requirements or working conditions. RWG (Repair & Overhauls) USA, Inc. reserves the right to modify essential job functions, physical demands of the job and job qualifications at any time.
Physical abilities may not match the functional requirements of the job description. Modification of the job requirements to the extent required to reasonably accommodate the applicant’s physical ability will be considered in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (and other applicable laws/regulations) to the extent no undue hardship and/or safety threat exists.
Applications for this vacancy must complete the application forms HUR-18, HUR-19 and HUR-23 and submit them, together with a scanned copy of qualifications to Christine Mendoza, HR / Office Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org