Customer Account and Project Specialist
A vacancy has arisen at RWG Inc. for a Customer Account and Project Specialist in Houston, Texas.
The Customer Account & Project Specialist in Customer Support is the primary liaison between the customer and the company. Responsible for ensuring that each job moves smoothly through the overhaul/repair cycle, while maintaining total customer satisfaction throughout the entire project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide gas turbine technical support for customers
- Creates sales orders, work scopes and manage all input for instructions to shop
- Prepare cost/price estimates, analyze profit margin and take steps to ensure company revenue/profitability goals are met
- Ensure the project meets the correct material, labor and subcontract requirements according to budget as projected in the cost/price estimate, while ensuring customer and manufacturer’s specifications are complied with
- Provide regular ongoing status reports to customers regarding job timelines, costs, and outstanding issues
- Manage multiple customer accounts and related project events, anticipating and solving possible conflicts in execution and delivery
- Review invoice for accuracy to customer specifications and initial estimate
- Inside & outside sales for existing customers; including in-house visits, customer entertainment and sales calls at customer sites
- Provide back up support for other customer support team members as required.
- Limited travel
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in related field or equivalent and 3+ years’ experience with gas turbine engines, business administration and customer support
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to read and understand complex contracts ensuring compliance with company contracting guidelines
- Strong organization, interpersonal, presentation, planning and negotiation skills
- Must be able to resolve conflicts rationally and effectively
- Solid math skills and analytical ability
- Must have the ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, customers and other departments
- Good PC skills with working knowledge of MS Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Project and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively prioritize, execute tasks and make accurate decisions in a high-pressure environment is crucial
- Must work well in a team environment and as an individual with limited supervision
- The position demands ownership and availability on a 24 hour per day, 7-day per week on call basis
|Title||Minimum Years Experience||Requirements|
|Customer Account & Project Specialist I||This position is the entry level apprentice position.|
|Customer Account & Project Specialist II||5+||Able to manage multiple customer accounts and perform the job with minimum supervision.|
|Customer Account & Project Specialist III||10+||Able to manage multiple customer accounts and perform the job without supervision. This position will include travel to customer sites and perform various outside sales duties.|
|Sr. Customer Account & Project Specialist||15+||Designated Trainer. Capable of assuming the CS manager role when required. Must have the ability to solve customer conflicts while maintaining customer satisfaction. Must have excellent analytical & PC skills with advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint & Project.|
- Siemens SGT-05 AE (501-K Industrial) and Rolls-Royce 501-K Series Marine Gas Turbine Engines familiarization or equivalent experience
- Wood Group Ethics Policy Training
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Employees may be subject to random drug and alcohol testing under DOT regulations
Personal Protective Equipment:
- The use of Safety Glasses is required when in the shop area
- The use of steel toe boots is required when outside the guidelines in the shop area
- Additional PPE may be required depending on the work environment
- Work performed in an office environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
- Exposed to any number of elements but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable
This job description is not necessarily a complete list of all job functions, requirements or working conditions. RWG (Repair & Overhauls) USA, Inc. reserves the right to modify essential job functions, physical demands of the job and job qualifications at any time.
Physical abilities may not match the functional requirements of the job description. Modification of the job requirements to the extent required to reasonably accommodate the applicant’s physical ability will be considered in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (and other applicable laws/regulations) to the extent no undue hardship and/or safety threat exists.
Applications for this vacancy must complete the application forms HUR-18, HUR-19 and HUR-23 and submit them, together with a scanned copy of qualifications to Christine Mendoza, HR / Office Coordinator, at email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 20th October 2017.