A vacancy has arisen within the RWG Repair Division for a Component Inspector. The successful candidate will be based at Dyce, Aberdeen and will report to the Senior Inspector / Supervisor. The primary function will be to conduct general visual and dimensional inspection work.
- To bench inspect / sentence engine components by visual and dimensional methods to the relevant overhaul manuals, update inspection paperwork as inspection is completed and progress components to meet business demands.
- Booking in of a variety of engines components using Visaer
- Non-destructive testing of a variety of engines components using Siemens QA standards.
- To ensure correct procedures and documentation are used at all times.
- To ensure that the correct standards of material handling are observed at all times.
- Identify improvements to procedures to meet QA & HSE requirements.
- Maintain good housekeeping in work areas and perform other related or comparable duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications – Preferred but not Essential:
- Time served mechanical engineer / inspector.
- Technical knowledge of Gas turbines.
- Ability to translate technical requirements into operational instructions.
- Attention to detail is a must for this position.
- Ability to use manner of calibration / measuring equipment.
- Understand and be able to read technical drawings and understand specifications.
- Visaer experience / knowledge would be advantageous.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 23rd January 2018.